Do you have the experience and knowledge to lead and advise an organization with presence across Europe? Are you ready for a challenging and rewarding position helping out multiple teams and offices with sturdy and practical privacy advice? Then this might be the perfect next step you’re looking for.
A rewarding place to work
The European Dental Group (EDG) is a fast-growing network of almost 200 oral care clinics treating over 1.000.000 patients every year, and 79 laboratories serving over 4.000 dental clinics with a presence in 7 European countries: The Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, United Kingdom, Switzerland, France, and Norway. In total, there are around 8.500 professionals working for EDG.
EDG’s vision is to offer every aspect of oral care service at the highest quality level in order to ensure lifelong dental health and an everlasting beautiful smile. To achieve this, not only is high-level care provided in the dental clinic, but a high level of quality is also sought in operations from headquarters and all other services. Privacy and protecting personal data the right way are therefore high priorities.
The strength of EDG lies in the fact that they share knowledge, skills and resources in a safe, enjoyable and inspiring work environment. They implement best practice guidelines, invest in education and innovation. When you enjoy your work as a professional, you can do a great job every day. EDG continuously challenge themselves – all for the benefit of their patients’ oral health and well-being.
Role and responsibilities
EDG is looking for an ambitious professional with experience in data protection to join their head office as Privacy Officer. The head office in Hilversum consists of 23 FTEs who direct and support the organizations across Europe in their daily operations from a decentralized level.
The Privacy Officer is responsible for implementing the organization's Data Protection Program including but not limited to daily operations of the program, development, implementation, and maintenance of policies and procedures, advising the business on various legal risks, obligations and expert privacy matters, monitoring program compliance, investigation and tracking of incidents and breaches and insuring patients' rights in compliance with laws and regulations. It’s a challenging function focused on all European Business lines. You will be working closely with the CISO and DPO.
For this role, we are looking for a decisive and communicative privacy professional who enjoys moving within all layers of the organisation. You are a team player with a practical approach, take initiative, you focus on what’s possible and like to look for that space of possibility and creativity within the GDPR. You enjoy working both on an operational and tactical level and can get your colleagues on board by sharing your expertise and guiding them. Through your passion for privacy and pragmatic approach, you know how to enthuse colleagues and help them to get and keep privacy at a higher level.
Your responsibilities include:
- Evaluating the impact of legislative, regulatory, legal developments and industry proposals and guidelines related to data protection and security, across EDG.
- Collaborating with our DPO and CISO to ensure alignment between security and privacy compliance programs
- Building, together with the DPO and CISO, a strategic and comprehensive privacy program that defines, develops, maintains, implements policies and processes that enable consistent, effective privacy practices which minimize risk and ensure the confidentiality of our information.
- Working with senior management and the business of all European business lines for data protection compliance.
- You will work collaboratively, as business partner to key stakeholders, to drive a culture of compliance and ethics throughout EDG so that privacy principles are considered at the outset and then re-assessed for subsequent changes in processing of personal data.
- You will work with key stakeholders to advise on risk management frameworks to help build management’s response to significant business risks, including advising on a privacy risk register and production of clear and concise summary quarterly reporting on progress, delivering verbal updates as necessary to key stakeholders.
- Overseeing, developing and delivering initial and ongoing privacy training to the workforce.
- Serving as data protection knowledge resource to all business lines.
Who are you?
You are a skilled, passionate and driven privacy professional who is geared to make data protection compliance a success for all EDG companies.
We need you to have:
- A relevant education and degree in law, business informatics or similar.The ability to assess legal, practical and business risks independently, quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment and make sound judgments.
- Demonstrated capabilities in drafting privacy advice, with a clear focus on running the business.
- Experience managing projects, prioritizing and working with cross-functional teams.
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and commitment to professionalism and collegiality.
- Travel flexibility; hybrid working is possible.
- Must be located in The Netherlands.
Do you want to work for a leading European oral care organization? In an environment where innovation and quality go hand in hand? An organization that strives for high standards, also when it comes to privacy? We look forward to hearing from you and meeting you in person!
For more information or to express your interest, please contact Nelleke Eijsenga.
email@example.com / 06-55807795
We really look forward hearing from you!